Site records for registered bidders and online bidders were set as more than 3,100 heavy equipment items and trucks were sold during the two-day heavy equipment auction in Fort Worth
FORT WORTH, TX, March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, sold more than US$44 million of equipment items and trucks at a two-day unreserved public auction held at its permanent auction site in Fort Worth, Texas on March 5 & 6, 2013. New auction site records were set for total registered bidders (more than 3,900) and total online bidders (more than 2,300). Equipment highlights included a 2009 Freightliner Cascadia truck tractor that sold for US$49,000 and formed part of the professionally maintained, 23-truck Walmart fleet featured in the Fort Worth auction as well as a 2008 Caterpillar D8T crawler tractor that sold for US$282,500. In total, more than 3,100 equipment items and trucks were sold in the auction for more than 470 sellers - every item was sold to the highest bidder, without minimum bids or reserve prices.
"This auction offered one of the largest quantities of high-quality late-model equipment that I have seen at our auctions here in Fort Worth," said Adam Kawulok, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "The unprecedented number of late-model Caterpillar D8T crawler tractors and professionally maintained Walmart trucks that were sold is just a glimpse of the great collection of well-maintained, late-model equipment that we continue to offer at our Fort Worth auctions. And, with so many of the people bidding in our auctions being end-users, selection is very important for our buying customers. It's because of that and the ability of Ritchie Bros. to reach buyers from all over—as was shown by the multiple records set at this auction—that we create a competitive bidding environment which allows us to achieve strong values for the sale of our equipment."
Over 3,900 people from more than 60 countries, including 48 U.S. states, nine Canadian provinces and one Canadian territory, registered to bid in person or online in real time at the auction. Bidders from outside Texas purchased more than US$24 million (55 percent of total gross auction proceeds).More than 2,300 of the bidders taking part in the auction registered to bid online and purchased more than US$19 million of equipment online (43 percent of total gross auction proceeds). AUCTION QUICK FACTS: FORT WORTH, TX - MARCH 5 & 6, 2013
- Gross Auction Proceeds - more than US$44 million
- Amount sold to online bidders - more than US$19 million (43 percent of total gross auction proceeds)
- Unique bidders (total) - more than 3,900 * new Fort Worth, TX permanent auction site record
- Unique online bidders - more than 2,300 * new Fort Worth, TX permanent auction site record
- Lots sold - more than 3,100
- Number of sellers - more than 470
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV