MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- VIVUS, Inc. (Nasdaq: VVUS) announced today the launch of the Q and Me™ app, a no-cost mobile app available through iTunes and Google Play Store designed to help patients meet their weight loss goals. Q and Me can be used by anyone wanting to develop skills that can lead to lasting weight loss.
The Q and Me Patient Support Program ( www.QandMEsupport.com) is designed to guide patients in incorporating proper nutrition and physical activity into everyday life. The program provides patients the ability to:
- Set personal weight loss and fitness goals
- Track weight, food intake/calories and physical activities/calories burned
- Receive personalized emails providing motivation and tips
- Access easy-to-prepare recipe suggestions
The new Q and Me app for Apple and Android-based devices now allows users to access important tools while on the go: Food Log, Activity Log, and BMI Calculator.
"VIVUS is committed to supporting healthcare providers and patients in their treatment of obesity," said Michael P. Miller, senior vice president and chief commercial officer of VIVUS. "The Q and Me app can help make the weight loss journey more manageable by empowering people to make changes that may lead to meaningful weight loss."About Qsymia ® Qsymia is approved in the U.S. and is indicated as an adjunct to a reduced-calorie diet and increased physical activity for chronic weight management in adults with an initial body mass index (BMI) of 30 kg/m 2 or greater (obese) or 27 kg/m 2 or greater (overweight) in the presence of at least one weight-related medical condition such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, or high cholesterol. The effect of Qsymia on cardiovascular morbidity and mortality has not been established. The safety and effectiveness of Qsymia in combination with other products intended for weight loss, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs, and herbal preparations, have not been established.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV