JACKSONVILLE, Fla., March 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stein Mart, Inc. (Nasdaq:SMRT) today announced that on March 6, 2013 it received the anticipated letter (the "Staff Determination Letter") from the Staff of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC notifying the Company that it has not regained compliance with NASDAQ Listing Rule 5250(c)(1) (the "Rule"), the continued listing requirement to timely file all required periodic reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"), and therefore, that its common stock would be subject to delisting unless the Company timely requests a hearing before a NASDAQ Listing Qualifications Panel (the "Panel").
The Company plans to timely request a hearing before the Panel. At the hearing, the Company will present its plan for regaining compliance with the Rule, and request continued listing pending its return to compliance. The hearing request will result in an automatic stay of delisting until at least March 28, 2013. Concurrent with the hearing request, the Company will ask the Panel to extend the stay until the conclusion of the hearing process. The Panel has the discretion to grant the Company an extension of time within which to regain compliance with the Rule for a period not to exceed 360 days from the original due date, or September 1, 2013. Notwithstanding, there can be no assurance that the Panel will grant the Company's request for continued listing.
As reported on September 13, 2012 and December 11, 2012, the Company is not in compliance with the Rule because it did not timely file its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the second quarter ended July 28, 2012 or the third quarter ended October 27, 2012 (the "Delinquent Filings"). As also previously announced on November 15, 2012, NASDAQ granted the Company an exception until March 5, 2013 to file the Delinquent Filings and regain compliance with the Rule.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV