JACKSONVILLE, Fla., March 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stein Mart, Inc. (Nasdaq:SMRT) today reported sales and comparable store sales for the four-week period ended March 2, 2013. As a reminder, the extra 53 rd week in fiscal 2012 created a timing shift for fiscal 2013, resulting in a one-week difference between our fiscal reporting and comparable store sales reporting periods.
The table below shows total sales for the period ended March 2, 2013 compared to the period ended February 25, 2012, while comparable store sales measures the period ended March 2, 2013 against the respective period ending March 3, 2012.
|Total Sales (in millions)||Total Sales||Comparable Store Sales|
|February (4 weeks)||$85.2||$80.7||5.6%||0.6%||0.7%|
Total sales for the four-week period ended March 2, 2013 were $85.2 million, an increase of 5.6 percent over total sales of $80.7 million for the four-week period ended February 25, 2012. Comparable store sales for the four-week period ended March 2, 2013 increased 0.6 percent over the four-week period ended March 3, 2012.Linens, ladies' casual sportswear and men's sportswear posted the strongest sales for the month, while ladies' boutique, ladies' special sizes, dresses and ladies' accessories were more challenged. Geographically, February sales were strongest in Florida and the West, while several other areas, including the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest and Northeast, were weaker due to seasonably cold or severe weather.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV