- Snowdrops: The project was developed jointly in 2000 with the Association in Support of Contemporary Living to provide equal educational opportunities for underprivileged girls. So far, over 100,000 scholarships have been granted. Each year 10,000 young Turkish women continue to receive both financial and moral support.
- Women Power to the Economy: Together with the Turkish Foundation for Waste Reduction ("TISVA") and the Turkey Grameen Microfinance Program, Turkcell has initiated the "Women Power to the Economy." It aims to reach out to 100,000 women within 4 years. Turkcell has made an initial donation of TRY400,000 to boost the economic participation of women. Additionally, Turkcell organized a gala dinner attended by Turkish business leaders where the honorary guest was the Nobel Prize winning Bangladeshi economist Muhammad Yunus to raise an additional TRY400,000 for the campaign.
- '' Zero ' ’ Tolerance of Violence against Women: In an attempt to raise social awareness of this sad reality, which damages family unity and hurts society at large, a national 360 degree awareness campaign was launched.
- Employment: Turkcell human Resources policies enable women to be promoted to managerial positions, including senior executive level of Turkcell's executive level managers 42% are women. The total number of women working at Turkcell makes up 49% of our employees overall.
Turkcell Women's Initiative, 'Strong Women, Strong Turkey' At The UN
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts