NYSE Euronext (NYX) today announced trading volumes for its global derivatives and cash equities exchanges for February 2013 1. Global derivatives average daily volume (“ADV”) of 8.8 million contracts in February 2013 increased 24.7% compared to February 2012, but decreased 7.6% month-over-month. This increase was primarily driven by stronger European derivatives volume, specifically fixed income derivatives ADV which increased 71% year-over-year. U.S. equity options ADV increased 5.7% compared to February 2012, but decreased 9.8% from January 2013 levels. Trading volumes in European cash equities were down 9.8% year-over-year, but rebounded up 12.8% month-over-month.
- NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV in February 2013 of 8.8 million contracts increased 24.7% compared to February 2012, but decreased 7.6% from January 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in February 2013 of 4.4 million contracts increased 54.4% compared to February 2012, but decreased 10.0% from January 2013 levels. Excluding Bclear, NYSE Liffe's trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives products ADV increased 45.7% compared to February 2012, but decreased by 5.2% from January 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex) ADV of 4.3 million contracts in February 2013 increased 5.7% compared to February 2012 levels but decreased by 5.2% from January 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s U.S. options exchanges accounted for 28.2% of total U.S. consolidated equity options trading in February 2013.
- NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.5 million transactions in February 2013 decreased 9.8% compared to February 2012, but increased 12.8% compared to January 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.6 billion shares in February 2013 decreased 11.9% compared to February 2012 but increased 0.6% compared to January 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in February 2013 was 29.4%, down from 30.0% in February 2012 and down from 29.7% in January 2013.
Please click here for the Monthly Transaction Activity Data Table.
About NYSE EuronextNYSE Euronext (NYX) is a leading global operator of financial markets and provider of innovative trading technologies. The company's exchanges in Europe and the United States trade equities, futures, options, fixed-income and exchange-traded products. With approximately 8,000 listed issues (excluding European Structured Products), NYSE Euronext's equities markets - the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Euronext, NYSE MKT, NYSE Alternext and NYSE Arca - represent one-third of the world’s equities trading, the most liquidity of any global exchange group. NYSE Euronext also operates NYSE Liffe, one of the leading European derivatives businesses and the world's second-largest derivatives business by value of trading. The company offers comprehensive commercial technology, connectivity and market data products and services through NYSE Technologies. NYSE Euronext is in the S&P 500 index. For more information, please visit: http://www.nyx.com. CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts