These communities drive revenue generation as they increase the speed of decision-making, spark innovation and drive process improvements through better relationships. According to Fred Reichheld, author of The Ultimate Question 2.0, and creator of the Net Promoter methodology, " You can't be the best place to buy if you're not the best place to work."
Culture and sense of community can be shared worldwide, but the path to shared values will be executed in different ways depending on geography and function. Community will be built in different ways around the globe. Capturing cultural nuances helps build broader communities, as noted in the JLL infographic "Pocketbook of Cultural Change."
Karen Stephenson, professor at Harvard's graduate school of design and originator of the Quantum Theory of Trust, also stresses the importance of building a trusted community, "Trust is the utility through which (organizational) knowledge flows." In an article about the Quantum Theory of Trust, professor Art Kleiner of New York University concurs, "Because networks of trust release so much cognitive capability, they can (and often do) have far more influence over the fortunes and failures of companies from day to day and year to year than the official hierarchy." This trust must be reciprocal between the organization and its employees.
Three: Improve employee engagement by creating destinations of choice"If workplaces are dull, monotonous and uninspiring, people won't want to come to the office, and consequently may balk at policies that require face time," observes Boucher. "It's tough to have constructive conflict through virtual means only. An investment in shaping culture through workplaces that are truly destinations can protect one of the most valuable assets of any organization: its cultural identity and sense of community."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV