Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been awarded a contract to create the strategic plan to help develop the University of Aizu Revitalization Center. The plan includes construction of a technology lab on the university campus as well as support for projects focused on rebuilding Fukushima as a technology leader.
Accenture’s plan calls for the lab design to begin this year, with construction expected to be completed in the spring of 2015. When completed, the lab will feature a next generation data center, an efficient, high-performance center that will consume about 40 percent less electricity than traditional data centers.
The lab also will include a security test space for tablets, personal computers, consumer electronic devices and in-car devices such as satellite navigation systems, as well as a smart device test center.
Accenture designed the center’s operating structure, administration policy and business plan to ensure the center supports mobility, cloud, analytics and smart city technology capabilities. Smart cities leverage the latest technology to create sustainable and attractive living environments for citizens and businesses with more efficient and higher–quality services.“It is an honor to support the planning of the University of Aizu Revitalization Center. The plan will allow the University of Aizu, one of Japan’s largest computer science universities, to have a larger role in local revitalization efforts. Through this collaboration, Accenture will work with the university to create more jobs by leveraging Information Communications Technology, key to the reconstruction,” said Hiroshi Goto, managing director, Accenture’s Health & Public Service work in Japan. The strategic plan will support the three main projects that are the foundation of the University of Aizu Center for Revitalization:
- Advanced ICT Research – Advanced studies and research on technologies that lead to the creation of new industries.
- Innovation Field Project – Cloud computing, data centers and test environments for smart devices will be provided to support domestic and overseas ICT companies relocating to Fukushima.
- Management School – Supports the education and development of future ICT professionals. Seminars and open-class lectures will be available to students and the public.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV