Impax Laboratories (IPXL) is a technology-based specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of bioequivalent and brand-name pharmaceuticals, utilizing its controlled-release and other in-house development. This stock closed up 6.5% at $15.77 on Wednesday.
Wednsday's Volume: 3.68 million
Average Volume: 829,878Volume % Change: 307% From a technical perspective, IPXL jumped higher here off its 52-week low of $14.41 with massive upside volume. This stock recently gapped down from around $20 to $14.48 with heavy downside volume. That move has now pushed shares of IPXL into oversold territory, since its relative strength index has a current reading of 26.46. Oversold can always get more oversold, but it's also an area where a stock can experience a powerful bounce higher from. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in IPXL as long as it's trending above its gap down day high of $15.48 and then once it sustains a move or close above Wednesday high of $15.78 with volume that hits near or above 829,878 shares. If that move triggers soon, then IPXL will set up to re-fill some of its recent gap down zone that started near $20. Some possible targets if IPXL gets into that gap with volume are $17 to $18. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV