The class-action complaints cite two patients who died of cardiac arrest while receiving treatment from DaVita. Stella Nunes, a California resident, suffered a fatal heart attack on Dec. 26, 2012, while receiving dialysis treatment. Jean Thornton, a Wisconsin resident, suffered a fatal heart attack shortly after returning home from treatment at a DaVita clinic in Nov. 2011, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit claims that these deaths could have been prevented had DaVita properly monitored the bicarbonate levels of its patients and tracked deaths and complications associated with its use of GranuFlo and NaturaLyte.
The lawsuits claim that DaVita is guilty of negligence for failing to protect its patients from the products.
DaVita owns and operates 1,954 outpatient dialysis centers in 44 states throughout the United States.
More information is available at http://www.hbsslaw.com/cases-and-investigations/FreseniusAbout Hagens Berman Seattle-based Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP is a national plaintiff-focused law firm with offices in ten cities. Founded in 1993, we represent plaintiffs in class actions and multi-state, large-scale litigation that seek to protect the rights of investors, consumers, workers, whistleblowers and others. More information about the firm is available at www.hbsslaw.com Media Contacts Firmani + Associates Inc. Mark Firmani, 206-443-9357 email@example.com SOURCE Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV