Registration For ASICS LA Marathon Nears Capacity; Will Close At Noon Tomorrow
LOS ANGELES, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Due to a surge of runner interest in the 2013 ASICS LA Marathon, officials are closing registration for the March 17 race tomorrow at noon. "If you're planning to run, our recommendation is to get online and register now," said Nick Curl, Chief Operating Officer of LA MARATHON LLC.
After registration closes, runners still interested in participating in the event are encouraged to contact the marathon's 81 official charities that still have a limited number of spots available. A listing of those charities is available at www.lamarathon.com.
"If you miss the deadline and still want to participate, please contact one of the marathon's official charities and run for them," said Curl.
The early closure of registration is the result of growing runner enthusiasm for the Stadium to the Sea course, and greater interest in the race from runners throughout the country and world. "There's no question that the ASICS LA Marathon has terrific momentum, and we look forward to delivering a world class running experience for everyone on March 17 th," Curl said.ABOUT THE ASICS LA MARATHONWe inspire athletes and connect communities. With thousands of volunteers, tens of thousands of participants, and hundreds of thousands of spectators, the ASICS LA Marathon is one of the largest organized road races in the country. The Stadium to the Sea course, which starts at Dodger Stadium and finishes by the Santa Monica Pier, is considered one of the most scenic in the world. The race has been named Best Big City Race by Runner's World and Best Marathon in the West by Competitor Magazine. SOURCE ASICS LA Marathon
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV