UK's Cameron To Dismiss Calls For Policy Shift
Cameron will argue that changing economic policy and borrowing more â¿¿ as suggested by critics â¿¿ would burden future generations and leave Britain unable to afford good public services.
"I know some people think it is being stubborn to stick to a plan. That somehow this is just about making the numbers add up....But nothing could be further from the truth," he will say. "My motives for sticking to the plan are exactly about doing the right thing to help families and business up and down the country."
The prime minister's speech will coincide with an announcement that BT is creating more than 1,000 engineering jobs at its Openreach business, with most of the recruits set to install fiber broadband in homes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV