House Panel Passes Hemp Bill With Uncertain Future
Committee Chairman Tom McKee, D-Cynthiana, and others committee members said lawmakers should continue to consider law enforcement concerns as the bill moves forward.
"Secondly, my 'yes' vote is for jobs," McKee said. "This is a jobs bill and is the only jobs bill in this session."
Last week, the committee failed to bring the bill to a vote. McKee had proposed rewriting the legislation. He wanted the bill to allow a university-led study of hemp, which thrived in Kentucky generations ago before the federal government classified it as a controlled substance.
Since last week's committee meeting, hemp supporters ratcheted up political pressure for a committee vote on the bill.___ The legislation is Senate Bill 50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV