MISSION WOODS, Kan., March 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Layne Christensen Company (Nasdaq:LAYN) ("Layne" or the "Company") today announced preliminary, unaudited results for the fiscal 2013 fourth quarter ended January 31, 2013 (Q4 FY 2013). Layne expects to announce full year and Q4 FY 2013 audited results on or about April 15, 2013.
- Revenues of approximately $230 million.
- Loss from continuing operations, net of income taxes, of between $23 million and $25 million, or $1.18 to $1.28 per diluted share.
- Layne noted that it continues to evaluate assets associated with its strategy to provide global solutions to water, mineral and energy clients. In that regard, the loss from continuing operations will include non-cash, pre-tax charges of $6 to $8 million associated with the write-off of non-core products and technologies at Water Resources and Energy Services.
- Layne incurred approximately $4 million in severance and other expenses related to the previously announced corporate consolidation to The Woodlands, Texas.
- The Company has taken significant steps to address the impact of these losses, including among others, headcount reductions, a wage freeze, travel and entertainment restrictions and tighter limits on capital expenditures. The Company intends to generate approximately $20 million in the upcoming months with non-strategic asset sales.
- Company announces a new, $80 million Heavy Civil project and meaningful progress working through Heavy Civil's legacy backlog.