Green Dot Corporation (NYSE: GDOT) today announced the appointment of Sam Altman, Executive Vice President of Mobile Products and Strategy for Green Dot, to its Board of Directors, effective March 4, 2013. Mr. Altman will serve as a Class I director. The Green Dot Corporation board of directors is now comprised of eight members.
Chairman Steve Streit stated: "Sam brings to our board not only an important connection to Silicon Valley, but also a valuable perspective on our Company's products and technology. Sam will also continue as an executive of the Company in his current role as EVP/Mobile Products and Strategy. All of us on the Green Dot board welcome his future contributions."
Sam Altman joined Green Dot in March 2012 upon the Company’s acquisition of Loopt, Inc., a pioneer in mobile user interface design, real-time location-based mobile rewards marketing, and geo-location application technology that Sam co-founded in 2005. Mr. Altman was featured in Inc. Magazine’s Top 30 Entrepreneurs Under 30 and BusinessWeek’s Tech’s Best Entrepreneurs. Additionally, he is a part-time partner at Y Combinator, and advises a number of Silicon Valley startups.
About Green Dot CorporationGreen Dot Corporation is a Bank Holding Company with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. Its market leading brand of prepaid debit cards and prepaid reload services are available to consumers at more than 60,000 retail locations nationwide and online at greendot.com. The company is headquartered in Pasadena, California with technology offices in Mountain View, California and Westlake Village, California and its bank subsidiary, Green Dot Bank, located in Provo, Utah.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV