ECA Marcellus Trust I (NYSE:ECT) is a statutory trust formed in March 2010 to own certain royalty interests as summarized below and to distribute to the Trust unitholders cash that the Trust receives in respect of the royalty interests after the payment of Trust expenses. The Trust does not conduct any operations or activities. In view of the unusual market activity in the Trust’s Common Units of Beneficial Interest on March 5, 2013, the New York Stock Exchange contacted the Trust on March 6, 2013 in accordance with its usual practice. The Trust stated that its policy is not to comment on unusual market activity.
The Trust was formed by Energy Corporation of America (“ECA”) to own royalty interests in natural gas properties owned by ECA in the Marcellus Shale formation in Greene County, Pennsylvania, and is entitled to receive certain amounts of the proceeds attributable to ECA’s interest in the sale of production from the properties. As described in the Trust’s filings, the amount of the quarterly distributions is expected to fluctuate from quarter to quarter, depending on the proceeds received by the Trust as a result of production and natural gas prices and the amount of the Trust’s administrative expenses, among other factors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV