Vail Resorts To Invest Nearly $10 Million In Enhancing The Experience At Mt. Brighton And Offers Michigan Skiers And Riders Access To Nine Ski Resorts On The Popular Epic Season Pass For The 2013-2014 Winter Season
BROOMFIELD, Colo., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With Vail Resorts' recent acquisition of Mt. Brighton, Michigan skiers and snowboarders can already look forward to next winter as the Company invests nearly $10 million in significant enhancements to the ski and ride experience and offers the greatest resort access and value in the snow sports industry on one season pass, the Epic Pass.
As part of Vail Resorts' commitment to providing the experience of a lifetime to all of its guests, the Company plans to invest nearly $10 million in enhancements and upgrades to Mt. Brighton this summer to dramatically improve the guest experience. Vail Resorts intends to significantly improve snowmaking to open the ski resort earlier, extend the season and provide a more consistent and high-quality snow surface; make lift upgrades including a new quad chairlift; create state-of-the-art terrain parks with extensive new features and rope tows; energize and modernize the base area facilities; and add Vail Resorts' signature EpicMix and EpicMix Racing technology to personalize the guest experience.
Vail Resorts is bringing its popular season pass products, the Epic Pass and Epic Local Pass, to Michigan skiers and riders and offering access to Mt. Brighton as well as eight iconic resorts in the West--Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado and Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe. Even better, kids can ski and ride Mt. Brighton and these eight western resorts at just $269. Adults can ski or ride all nine resorts at $529, just $130 more than a current Mt. Brighton Pass. Purchasing next season's pass now through April 14 guarantees the lowest price and offers skiers and riders the option of making a $49 down payment now with the remainder due in the fall.
"We're thrilled that Mt. Brighton is now a part of our family of resorts. It's a very special place steeped in snow sports tradition and we intend to honor that legacy by bringing additional enhancements to the ski area and creating more value for Michigan skiers and riders in their season pass choices. Next winter, they'll be able to ski as much as they want in their own backyard and at eight world-class resorts out West with the Epic Pass," said Kirsten Lynch, executive vice president and chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts. "Vail Resorts' season passes offer guests the flexibility to choose which pass is right for them based on how much and where they plan to ski and ride. We encourage all of our guests to purchase their passes this spring to take advantage of the lowest guaranteed price for next winter."The following guide can help Michigan skiers and snowboarders choose the best season pass options for them, based on how much they plan to ski and ride locally and out West. All passes are available for purchase at www.epicpass.com. Ski or Ride Locally and Out West
- The Epic Local Pass™ : Perfect for snow sports enthusiasts who want to take their annual ski vacation out West and ski unrestricted in their backyard all season long. The Epic Local Pass at $529 offers unlimited and unrestricted skiing at Mt. Brighton, as well as at Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin with some limited restrictions at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood. The pass also includes a total of 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek with holiday restrictions. At the spring rate, the Epic Local Pass pays for itself in just over four days when skiing at the western resorts and is only $130 more than a Mt. Brighton Pass. A discounted rate is also offered for college students at $479 (proof of 12 credit hours in the 2013-2014 school year is required).
- The Epic Local Child Pass : Children ski and ride on the Epic Local Pass all next season at Mt. Brighton for $130 less than the adult Mt. Brighton Pass. New this year, at $269, all children age 12 and under can receive unlimited access with no restrictions at Mt. Brighton, as well as unlimited access to resorts out West, including Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin with limited restrictions at Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood. The pass also includes a total of 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek with holiday restrictions.
- The Epic Pass™ : Ski as much as you want, whenever you want for $689. Unlimited skiing or riding at Mt. Brighton, as well as at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado and Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe at $689 for adults and $359 for children (ages 5-12). No restrictions. At this spring rate, the Epic Pass pays for itself in just over five days when skiing at the western resorts.
- Mt. Brighton Adult Pass : Perfect for people who only plan to ski or ride at Mt. Brighton. At $399, nearly the same price introduced last spring for the 2012-2013 season, pass holders receive unlimited access to Mt. Brighton with no restrictions. A discounted rate is also offered for seniors at $329 and college students for $269 (proof of 12 credit hours is required). Discounts are available for families.
- Epic 7-Day™ : Perfect for people who don't plan to ski more than seven days . The Epic 7-Day gives skiers and snowboarders a total of seven unrestricted days of skiing at Mt. Brighton, Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly and Northstar, plus Arapahoe Basin anytime during the season for a price of $529. Ski any seven days of the season all season long. At the spring rate, the Epic 7-Day pays for itself in just over four days.
- New this year, the Epic 4-Day™ : Perfect for people who only plan to take one ski vacation. The Epic 4-Day at $349 offers four unrestricted tickets valid at Mt. Brighton, Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood and Arapahoe Basin. At the spring rate, the Epic 4-Day pays for itself in less than three days.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts