Bloomberg BNA Publishes Third Edition Of "Employee Benefits Law"
ARLINGTON, Va., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA has published the Third Edition of Employee Benefits Law, written by members of the Employee Benefits Committee of the American Bar Association's (ABA) Section of Labor and Employment Law.
The Third Edition provides balanced legal analysis and explanations of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Titles I and IV; rules of tax qualification, deductibility, and other key tax issues; ERISA preemption of state law claims and remedies and its relation to federal bankruptcy laws; benefit claims, with regard to evidentiary issues and abuse of discretion in denials; interplay with related legal areas—including employment discrimination and labor relations; and effects of sexual orientation and veteran status on benefits.
The treatise also includes thorough discussion of the statutes, regulations, and case law governing breach of fiduciary duty and prohibited transaction claims, including application of ERISA to commonly litigated areas such as employer securities, service provider fees, and fiduciary misrepresentations. In addition, the Third Edition's comprehensive coverage of ERISA preemption includes detailed analysis of all significant decisions pertaining to this complex issue, as well as preemption's effect on state and local government attempts to mandate health benefits. The treatise also covers:
- The implications of CIGNA Corp. v. Amara for plan sponsors and others
- The evolution of the laws governing court review of benefits determinations, including the Supreme Court's pronouncement on standard of review in Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. v. Glenn
- Rules governing administrative exhaustion of claims, including the impact of health care reform provisions
- Detailed coverage of the law governing employee stock option plans (ESOPs), 401(k) plans, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), and nonqualified plans
- How and when the Pension Protection and Affordable Care Act affects the law governing health care benefit plans
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV