- More than 40 million receivers, representing more than 95 percent of all DIRECTV receivers purchased since joining the ENERGY STAR program, are ENERGY STAR-qualified.
- Deployed more than 10 million ENERGY STAR-qualified receivers in 2012 alone, which will result in an estimated electricity savings of more than 900 million kilowatt hours each year.
- Delivery of energy savings to millions of set top boxes already in homes by enabling them to automatically go into an energy saving lower power mode when not in use.
- Helping educate millions of Americans about energy efficiency and the ENERGY STAR program through a variety of marketing tactics.
- Launching the innovative Genie™ whole-home HD DVR system, which utilizes a server and thin clients to offer customers substantial energy savings relative to whole-home HD DVR installations introduced only a few years prior.
- Implementing the RVU remote user interface technology ( www.rvualliance.org), which drives down energy consumption even further by enabling a receiver-less connection to compatible RVU client devices including many available Smart TV models.
EPA Names DIRECTV 2013 ENERGY STAR® Partner Of The Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts