News Summary: US Business Hiring Steady In Feb.
By The Associated Press
HEALTHY HIRING: A private survey shows U.S. businesses added 198,000 jobs in February, according to data released Wednesday by payroll processor ADP. And January's hiring figures were revised to show 215,000 net new jobs, 23,000 higher than the initial estimate.
NO FEAR (YET): The gains indicate that higher taxes and looming government spending cuts have yet to slow hiring. The ADP report also showed that small businesses have stepped up hiring in recent months, after lagging larger companies for several years.
FRIDAY REPORT: The figures suggest that the government's February jobs report, to be issued Friday, may come in above economists' forecasts. Analysts expect employers added 152,000 jobs and the unemployment rate dipped to 7.8 percent from 7.9 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV