Bruins Defenseman Andrew Ference may be all about the black and gold when he’s on the ice, but off the ice he is all about living a green life. That’s why he is partnering with National Grid and CBS Radio to promote energy efficiency to residents and schools in Massachusetts and Rhode Island through an interactive contest. National Grid residential customers will have the opportunity to win tickets to a home game and/or be awarded energy efficiency grants to use toward making their home more energy efficient. In addition, grammar and middle schools in National Grid’s service area can enter to win grants toward making their school more energy efficient, as well as a grand prize that includes a visit to their school by Andrew Ference.
“One of our main priorities at National Grid is to practice and promote environmental responsibility, and that includes working with customers on how they can use energy efficiency programs to save money and help protect our planet,” said Edward White, vice president, Customer and Business Strategy. “Andrew is not only a Stanley Cup Champion, he’s a firm believer in sustainable living and practices what he preaches. Partnering with Andrew to help promote energy efficiency with our customers is a no-brainer and we’re thrilled to have him as part of the team.”
The contest is open to all National Grid electric and gas residential customers – as well as schools (K- 8) in the National Grid service territory in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Multiple levels of participation include:
- Eight drawings for tickets to a home game. To be entered into the drawings for Bruins tickets, customers should “like” National Grid on Facebook and fill out a short entry form. ( www.facebook.com/nationalgridMA or www.facebook.com/nationalgridRI) Winners will be randomly selected beginning March 12, 2013 through the end of the regular season. Ticket winners will also have the opportunity to meet Andrew Ference after the game.
- Energy Efficiency Grants. Residential customers can enter to win grants to be used toward implementing energy efficiency measures in their homes. To be eligible, customers must schedule a no-cost in-home energy assessment with National Grid between March 6 and April 15, 2013. Seven Massachusetts and seven Rhode Island customers will receive a 2 nd place prize of $2,500 to use towards energy efficiency; three Massachusetts and three Rhode Island customers will receive a 1 st place prize of $5,000 to use towards energy efficiency; and one Massachusetts and one Rhode Island customer will win the grand prize of $7,500 to use towards energy efficiency.
- Energy Efficiency Grants for Schools and visit by Andrew Ference. Schools in National Grid’s service territory across Massachusetts and Rhode Island can enter to win $1,000 grants, as well as the grand prize of the $2,500 grant plus a visit by Andrew Ference. During his visit Andrew will talk to students about how he lives an eco-friendly life at home and on the road, and what students can do to be more eco-friendly. To enter, schools must demonstrate how their school could become more energy efficient by using pictures, videos, drawings or another form of media. Submissions should be sent to: Brand Team, National Grid, 40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02451.
“I grew up surrounded by people who cared about environmental issues and over time, those issues became important to me as well,” said Andrew Ference. “If I can use my voice as a hockey player and use the exposure we get on a public stage to bring more attention to living green then I’m going to do it. I want to continue to inspire others to care about the planet and this contest is a great way of doing that.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV