PLANO, Texas, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Doritos, one of the marquee brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, today announced its return to the South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Conference and Festival in Austin, Tex., complete with its signature vending machine stage, which will now stand at 62-feet tall and have a bigger and bolder presence than ever before. From Thursday, March 14 through Saturday, March 16, 2013, the Doritos brand will take over the corner of 5 th and Red River with a digital and interactive concert experience that can't be found anywhere else.
During Thursday night's main event, three up-and-coming musical artists will compete to determine who is bold enough to open for the evening's larger-than-life headliners: LL COOL J, Public Enemy, Ice Cube and Doug E. Fresh with the winner being determined through fan engagement on Twitter. Beyond selecting the opening act, major elements of the concert experience will also be in the hands of fans in Austin and beyond as they control special effects throughout the vending machine stage and help select LL COOL J's encore song. The entire experience will be streamed live on the Doritos Facebook Page.
"Making it in the music business is no easy task, but SXSW can serve as the perfect launching pad for the next big thing in hip hop this year," said LL COOL J, a two-time GRAMMY ® award winner, who is prepping to release his new album, "Authentic." "It takes unwavering commitment, raw talent and a desire to go where no one else in the industry has gone before. That's why I love that Doritos is offering a stage at SXSW to give an opportunity to talented up-and-coming acts. And, if they're bold enough to gain the fans' attention, there is no better place to be discovered."
In partnership with SXSW organizers, the Doritos brand picked three up-and-coming musical artists from around the world to compete in Thursday night's battle royale. Each artist will perform one song to convince fans they deserve a place on the Doritos #BoldStage opening for the likes of LL COOL J. Immediately following the performances, fans will be asked to determine the winner by voting via Twitter. Doritos technology partner Mass Relevance's best-in-class social engagement platform will be curating real-time content from Twitter to visualize voting results and enable the official opening act to be named right after voting closes. The winning hip hop artist will not only play a 15-minute set on the Doritos #BoldStage, he or she will also have a chance to perform with LL COOL J during his 2013 "Authentic" tour. The artists in alphabetical order are:
- Devin Miles: Devin Miles is a college student and a rising emcee, with the lyrical capacity to rival many other young artists. The 21-year old Pittsburgh native has been defined as "a rising wordsmith" and proves that a mindset of hard work and determination truly pays off.
- Seth Sentry: Dominating the Australian airwaves with singles like "My Scene," "Float Away" and "Dear Science," Seth Sentry is a Melbourne hip hop artist who most recently won Channel V's 2012 Oz "Artist Of The Year." His debut album "This Was Tomorrow" impressed listeners everywhere and his touring schedule resulted in sell-out headline shows around Australia, as well as appearances at numerous festivals.
- Snow Tha Product: At just 24-years-old, bilingual lyricist Snow Tha Product, originally from San Jose, California but now calling Texas home, proves that there are no boundaries to her songwriting and performance abilities. Now signed to Atlantic Records, Snow is currently gearing up to release "Good Nights & Bad Mornings: The Hangover," a follow up to her critically acclaimed mix tape "Good Nights & Bad Mornings."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts