Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) will present more than 50 company-sponsored platform and poster presentations on data supporting its multiple-marketed and pipeline therapies for neurological diseases at the 65 th American Academy of Neurology (AAN) Annual Meeting in San Diego, March 16-23, 2013. The breadth of data presented demonstrates Biogen Idec’s robust neurology research and development programs, and affirms the company’s decades-long leadership in multiple sclerosis (MS).
“Biogen Idec is dedicated to addressing unmet medical needs of people living with neurological diseases through innovative science,” said Douglas E. Williams, Ph.D., executive vice president, Research and Development at Biogen Idec. “We are proud to have the deepest MS pipeline in the industry, supplied by a strong R&D neurology program. We will continue to focus on improving the lives of patients through novel scientific discovery, as well as by providing first-in-class treatments, unsurpassed patient support and educational services.”
Highlights include data on Biogen Idec’s currently marketed products, TYSABRI® (natalizumab), AVONEX® (interferon beta-1a) and FAMPYRA® (prolonged-release fampridine tablets). The company will also present results from the investigational trials of its late-stage MS pipeline, including TECFIDERA™ (dimethyl fumarate), peginterferon beta-1a and daclizumab high-yield process (DAC HYP).
As part of the company’s overall commitment to improving the lives of people living with neurological diseases through education and support, Biogen Idec is proud to be a sponsor of the American Brain Foundation’s 2013 Brain Health Fair, a day-long event that will take place on Saturday, March 16, 2013 in San Diego, CA. This event connects thousands of patients, families and caregivers affected by a brain disease. The Brain Health Fair will provide health screenings, educational activities for kids and teens, as well as “Brain Health Classes,” led by expert neurologists. Registration is free at BrainHealthFair.com.Notable data from Biogen Idec at AAN 2013: TECFIDERA
- Timecourse of Treatment Effects of BG-12 (Dimethyl Fumarate) for Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis – Platform S41.005 – Thursday, March 21 – 1:00 PM
- Clinical Efficacy of BG-12 (Dimethyl Fumarate) in Relapsing–Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS): An Integrated Analysis of the Phase 3 DEFINE and CONFIRM Studies – Poster P07.097 – Thursday, March 21 – 2:00 PM
- Safety and Tolerability of BG-12 (Dimethyl Fumarate) in Patients with Relapsing–Remitting Multiple Sclerosis: An Integrated Analysis of Phase 2 and 3 Placebo-Controlled Studies – Platform S30.003 – Wednesday, March 20 – 2:30 PM
- Comparison of Patients Treated with Natalizumab and Interferon-Beta/Glatiramer Using Propensity-Matched Multiple Sclerosis Registry Data – Poster P01.211 – Monday, March 18 – 2:00 PM
- Natalizumab–Associated Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (PML) in Multiple Sclerosis Patients: Survival and Functional Outcome when Asymptomatic at Diagnosis – Poster P04.271 – Wednesday, March 20, 2013 – 7:30 AM
- Longitudinal Stability of Anti-JC Virus Antibody Status in Multiple Sclerosis Patients: Results of STRATIFY-1 – Platform S30.001 – Wednesday, March 20 – 2:00 PM
- Pregnancy Outcomes in Patients Exposed to Intramuscular Interferon Beta-1a (IM IFNβ-1a) – Platform S30.006 – Wednesday, March 20 – 3:15 PM
- Longitudinal Assessment of Attention and Cognitive Functions Related to Fronto-Temporal Circuits in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis 6-year Follow-up – Platform S10.003 – Tuesday, March 19 – 1:30 PM
- The Study of IFNß Bioactivity Loss by MxA mRNA Quantification Patients Allows the Prediction of Disability Progression in Multiple Sclerosis Patients – Poster P04.140 – Wednesday, March 20 – 7:30 AM
- Improvement in Patient Reported Outcomes with Prolonged-release Fampridine Treatment: Interim Analysis of the ENABLE Study – Poster P03.218 – Tuesday, March 19 – 2:00 PM
- Early Mobility Impairment: Bridging the Communication Gap Between People with Multiple Sclerosis and their Healthcare Providers – Poster P03.221 – Tuesday, March 19 – 2:00 PM
- Safety, Tolerability and Patient Evaluation of Peginterferon Beta-1a Administered via a Single-use Autoinjector in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis: Data from the Phase 3 ATTAIN Study – Poster P01.167 – Monday, March 18 – 2:00 PM
- Clinical Efficacy and Safety of Peginterferon Beta-1a in Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis: Data from the Pivotal Phase 3 ADVANCE Study – Platform S31.006 – Wednesday, March 20 – 5:00 PM
- Daclizumab HYP Reduces the Evolution of New Gadolinium-Enhancing Lesions to T1-Black Holes: Results from the SELECT Study – Platform S01.001 –Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 1:00 PM
- The Safety and Efficacy of Daclizumab HYP in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis in the SELECTION Extension Study: Primary Results– Poster P07.105– Thursday, March 21– 2:00 PM
- Technical Feasibility of Implementing Multifocal VEP for Multicenter Clinical Trials – Poster P02.245 - Monday, March 18 –2:00 PM and Platform SP.004 – Tuesday, March 19 – 7:30 AM
- Effect of LINGO-1 Blockade on Optic Nerve Axonal Injury in MOG-EAE Rodent Models – Poster P05.186 – Wednesday, March 20 – 2:00PM
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV