Natural Resource Partners
Another stock that insiders are active in here is Natural Resource Partners (NRP), which is engaged mainly in the business of owning and managing coal properties in the coal-producing regions of the U.S. Insiders are buying this stock into notable strength, since shares are up 21% in the last three months.
Natural Resource Partners has a market cap of $2.43 billion and an enterprise value of $3.24 billion. This stock trades at a fair valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 11.22 and a forward price-to-earnings of 12.09. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -15%, and for next year it's pegged at 7.6%. This is not a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $149.42 million and its total debt is $984.27 million.A director just bought 22,500 shares, or about $490,000 worth of stock, at $21.64 to $21.89 per share. From a technical perspective, NRP is currently trending above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been trading inside of a consolidation pattern for the last two months, with shares moving between $21.08 on the downside and $23.12 on the upside. A high-volume move above the upper-end of its recent range could trigger a near-term breakout trade for shares of NRP. If you're in the bull camp on NRP, then look for long-biased trades as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $21.06 and then once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $22.45 to $23.12 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 355,508 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then NRP will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $23.88 to $25.46. Any high-volume move above those levels will then put $26.74 to $28 into range for shares of NRP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV