One travel agency services player that insiders are buying a huge amount of stock in is Expedia (EXPE). Insiders are buying this stock into strength, since shares are up 23% during the last six months.
Expedia has a market cap of $8.8 billion and an enterprise value of $7.9 billion. This stock trades at a fair valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 32.83 and a forward price-to-earnings of 15.93. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 11.9%, and for next year it's pegged at 18.7%. This is a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $1.94 billion and its total debt is $1.25 billion.A beneficial owner just bought 467,672 shares, or about $25.27 million worth of stock, at $54.04 per share. From a technical perspective, EXPE is currently trending above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been uptrending strong for the last four months, with shares soaring higher from its low of $50.16 to its recent high of $68.09 a share. During that uptrend, shares of EXPE have been consistently making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of EXPE within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. If you're bullish on EXPE, then I would look for long-biased trades as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $63.80 and then once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $66.22 to $68.09 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that registers near or above its three-month average action of 2.30 million shares. If that breakout hits, then EXPE will set up to enter new 52-week-high territory, which is bullish price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $70 to $75 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV