DEP Invites Students, Teachers To Peregrine Falcon Workshop On April 2
HARRISBURG, Pa., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Environmental Protection invites teachers, non-formal educators, home-school teachers, youth group leaders and Scout leaders to attend a Peregrine Falcon Educators' Workshop, WILD in the City, on Tuesday, April 2, in Harrisburg, Dauphin County.
DEP and the Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC) are sponsoring the workshop in cooperation with ZOOAMERICA North American Wildlife Park. It will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Rachel Carson State Office Building auditorium at 400 Market St., Harrisburg.
Since 1997, countless peregrine falcons have made their home on a ledge off the 15 th floor of the Rachel Carson State Office Building. For many years, peregrine falcons were a Pennsylvania endangered species. Through reintroduction programs, peregrines have adapted to life in urban environments like Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Williamsport. Each year, DEP and PGC track these birds of prey's activities and share educational information with a worldwide audience through the Internet. The Rachel Carson nest site has been active and reproducing young peregrine falcons for 13 years.
Workshop participants, who can attend at no cost, will explore the successes of peregrine falcon reintroduction in Pennsylvania; examine falcon specifics and endangered species concepts; and observe falcons in Harrisburg.The workshop will feature a number of peregrine falcon experts, including Dr. Art McMorris, PGC's Peregrine falcon coordinator; ZOOAMERICA education coordinator Elaine Gruin; DEP environmental educators Jack Farster and Ann Devine; and Project WILD coordinator Theresa Alberici, among others. Participating teachers are eligible for 5.0 Act 48 credit hours. Lunch and refreshments will be provided at no cost.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV