SCHAFFHAUSEN, Switzerland, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tyco (NYSE: TYC) announced today that its shareholders approved all proposals presented at the company's Annual General Meeting, including the reelection of all ten nominees to the Board of Directors to additional one year terms.
Shareholders approved an annual dividend of $0.64 per share, representing an approximate 7 percent increase over the current $0.60 annual dividend. Payment of the dividend is to be made in four quarterly installments of $0.16 from May 2013 through February 2014. Shareholders also approved proposals to reappoint the company's auditors, renew the company's authorized share capital, and reduce its registered share capital. In addition, a supermajority of shareholders endorsed the company's executive compensation practices by voting in favor of the advisory "say-on-pay" proposal.
Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire protection and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A company with $10+ billion in revenue, Tyco has more than 70,000 employees in more than 1,000 locations across 50 countries serving various end markets, including commercial, institutional, governmental, retail, industrial, energy, residential and small business. For more information, visit the new
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV