Priceline, similarly, may soon see the benefits of acquisitons. In 2012, the online travel giant acquired Kayak Software, in a move that may scale its earnings and add to the company's software services.
At Starbucks, CEO Howard Schultz has been concocting a growth brew that consists of new payments platforms, international expansion and the integration of recent acquisitions in businesses ranging from bakeries to teas.
Although Berkshire Hathaway's earnings and Buffett's commentary generally augur well for ordinary investors and the prospect that stocks can continue to add to post-crisis gains, there are still risks investors should be mindful of.
The daily rumblings on Apple's weak share price performance in 2013, for instance, may indicate a wider trend of former market leaders turning to laggards.Meanwhile, stock prices are, in part, a result of the Federal Reserve's low interest rate policies. Markets remain at risk for a rise in the return of risk free assets such as Treasuries, which could impact current stock valuations. For more on Warren Buffett's outlook, see why he's questioning Berkshire Hathaway's performance in 2013. Also see why smarter money is betting on BlackRock and some small-and-mid-cap M&A targets for investing trends to tap rising markets. -- Written by Antoine Gara in New York Follow @antoinegara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV