3 Stocks Pushing The Financial Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, Public Storage ( PSA) is down $1.15 (-0.8%) to $152.83 on light volume Thus far, 132,590 shares of Public Storage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 672,200 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $152.62-$154.62 after having opened the day at $154.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $153.98. Public Storage operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT). It engages in the acquisition, development, ownership, and operation of self-storage facilities in the United States and Europe. Public Storage has a market cap of $26.2 billion and is part of the real estate industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 39.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Public Storage a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Public Storage as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Public Storage Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts