Reader's Digest Association Announces Significant Enhancements To Taste Of Home Publication
NEW YORK and MILWAUKEE, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Reader's Digest Association, Inc., the global multi-brand and multi-platform media and direct marketing company, today announced that it is making significant enhancements to its Taste of Home publication to build on the incredibly strong customer engagement levels that have made Taste of Home the No. 1 food magazine in the country. The announcement is the latest in a series of steps the Company has taken to increase investment in its core media brands such as Reader's Digest, Taste of Home and The Family Handyman.
Beginning with the June/July issue, Taste of Home will have a new, higher quality look as well as 20% more pages of content that its readers savor. New product features include:
- a perfect binding to make collecting the magazine more meaningful
- an expansion to 122 pages – 20% more content, including an increase in healthy recipes and content
- heavier cover stock
- six pages of clip-and-save recipe cards
- a more customer-centric publishing schedule focused on the holiday season
- a new logo
"The clamor for more Taste of Home continues to grow from readers and advertisers alike," said Robert E. Guth, CEO of Reader's Digest Association. "Today's announcement is the latest in a series of investments Reader's Digest Association is making in our core media properties. Others include the launch of Taste of Home in Canada this summer, the frequency increase of Reader's Digest to 12 issues per year, and the continued expansion of iPad editions to all of our U.S. magazines. This focus has been highly successful in enabling us to grow our advertising base and attract new readers to both the print and digital formats."
The channeling of more resources into Taste of Home is directly tied to readers' growing enthusiasm for the popular magazine on print and digital platforms. In print editions, Taste of Home was recently ranked No. 1 among its competitive sets (epicurean and women's service and lifestyle) in both reach and reader engagement by Gfk MRI, the industry standard for magazine audience ratings.In digital the numbers are just as compelling. Taste of Home posted double-digit gains in digital copies served in CY12, following its 2012 expansion to iPad and Android platforms. In addition, unique visitors to TasteofHome.com grew 51% in 2012 and have more than doubled since 2010. "This bigger, more beautiful book size gives our readers more of what they crave, and the expansion to 122 pages gives advertisers more opportunities to share their message with our highly engaged audience," said Catherine Cassidy, Editor-in-Chief of Taste of Home. "Print and digital engagement levels for Taste of Home continue to soar and for the second consecutive year, Taste of Home increased its share of market in terms of ad pages." According to the Fall 2012 MRI index, Taste of Home reaches 11.1 million readers, far more than any of the other publications in its competitive set. Notably, Taste of Home also ranked No. 1 among readers who consider it a favorite publication as well as those who have read all four of its last issues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV