Female Allergy Sufferers Search For Beauty Solutions To Combat ALLERGY FACE™
FORT WASHINGTON, Pa., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the millions of women who deal with allergy symptoms, the face of allergies is not always pretty. According to a recent survey commissioned by the makers of ZYRTEC®, 96 percent of women with allergy symptoms suffer from ALLERGY FACE™ – the beauty challenges resulting from watery eyes, a red nose, and a puffy face.
But allergy symptoms can do more than add minutes to a woman's beauty routine. Of the 1,000 female allergy sufferers surveyed, half have missed a date or social event because they felt their allergy-related beauty challenges made them look too bad to leave the house. Survey highlights revealed:
THE FACE OF ALLERGIESWomen sometimes think they look less than their best because of their ALLERGY FACE ™ .
- Half (50 percent) of women with allergies have missed out on something, such as a party or date, because of their allergy-related beauty woes.
- Two-thirds (66 percent) of women with allergies have felt ugly or unattractive because of their ALLERGY FACE™.
- More than half (58 percent) of women have been told they look like they're "coming down with something" when they were experiencing allergy-related beauty challenges.
- Nearly three in four (73 percent) women with allergies have a "must have" item for dealing with ALLERGY FACE™ while on the go. The top make-up solution? Concealer (32 percent), followed by foundation (24 percent).
- Over half (53 percent) of women with allergy-related beauty challenges have worn an "allergy disguise." Their go-to items? Oversized sunglasses (40 percent), followed by lipstick (15 percent).
- Survey Says: Eighty-nine percent of women experience the beauty challenge of watery eyes during allergy season, while more than half (56 percent) of women also deal with a red nose.
- Beauty Solutions: Take advantage of the big, bold brow trend, which allows you to go easy on eye makeup. Focus on shaping and penciling brows to help "wake up" your face and distract from watery eyes. For a red nose, add an illuminating powder or liquid to the top of your cheekbones. This helps put the focus on the outer part of your cheek, which can detract from a red nose.
- Survey Says: Fifty-one percent of women with allergies have kept makeup for longer than one year.
- Beauty Solution: Clean out your makeup bag using the one-two-three rule. Keep blush no more than one year, mascara for about two months and check your lipstick for discoloration every three months.
- Survey Says: For one in three (34 percent) women with allergies, covering up their ALLERGY FACE™ adds more than 10 minutes to their daily routine.
- Beauty Solution: If you want to keep it simple and not use a lot of makeup, dampen your makeup brush to apply products. This creates a more dramatic look that distracts from your ALLERGY FACE™.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts