ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI), a leading provider of consulting services and technology solutions to government and commercial clients, has received a gold award from Climate Change Business Journal® (CCBJ) in the 2012 CCBJ Business Achievement Awards. ICF won the award in the category of Consulting & Engineering: Climate Risk Management & Adaptation.
“ICF is honored to receive such a prestigious award from CCBJ,” said Randy Freed, senior vice president for ICF International. “We are pleased to be recognized for our work helping clients worldwide to assess and manage the risks associated with climate change and to develop strategies that mainstream climate adaptation into their ongoing programs.”
In honoring ICF with its gold award, CCBJ cited the following ICF projects:
- Supporting the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in the creation of its Climate Change Adaptation Plan and codeveloping a set of vulnerability assessment approaches for use in the design and implementation of projects in developing countries.
- Developing a set of tools to assess the potential impact of climate change on a number of new World Bank projects.
- Publishing the initial results from its work examining the climate vulnerability of transportation in Mobile, Ala., the largest U.S. federally funded adaptation project in a single metropolitan location.
- Producing guidance for state departments of transportation and metropolitan planning organizations on using and applying climate information.
- Helping cities in the United States, the Caribbean, and Peru cope with the effects of climate change.
- Creating a framework in the mining industry to address climate risk.
- Building a spatially detailed analysis of the potential economic costs of climate change on the U.S. electricity industry.
“In an industry that has just managed to outperform the overall economy but still presents challenges in many segments, a number of companies have achieved double-digit growth, sustained high profitability, built a solid backlog, made successful forays into new practice areas or geographic markets, or developed technologies that can help build a more sustainable economy,” said Grant Ferrier, president of Environmental Business International Inc., publisher of CCBJ.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV