W.Va. Unemployment Rate Steady In January
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) â¿¿ West Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was unchanged in January at 7.4 percent.
WorkForce West Virginia said Tuesday that the number of unemployed state residents increased by 100 to 60,300.
The goods-producing sector saw an employment gain of 1,500, while the service-providing sector lost 600 jobs.
Within the goods-producing sector, job gains included 1,100 in logging and mining, and 400 in construction.Within the service-providing sector, job gains of 800 in leisure and hospitality and 600 in financial activities were offset by declines of 1,000 in government and 800 in educational and health services. Nationally, the unemployment rate rose slightly to 7.9 percent in January. West Virginia's unadjusted unemployment rate rose a full percentage point in January to 8.3 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV