Kraft Foods Group
The last six months or so since have been good for Kraft Foods Group (KRFT). Since the firm's spin-off from what's now Mondelez International (MDLZ) at the start of the fourth quarter, shares of the food maker have rallied around 10%. That's nearly twice what the broad market has managed to turn out over that same period. And institutional investors have been some of the biggest beneficiaries; they bought or were issued 378 million shares of KRFT last quarter.
Kraft Foods Group is one of the biggest food and beverage stocks in the world. Its brands include grocery store staples like Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Jell-O and Capri Sun. By splitting off its grocery food business from its global snack business, Kraft pulled apart its most stable and recession resistant brands from the more consumer-driven snack segment. That move leaves KRFT shareholders with a cash-generation engine that pays a hefty 4% dividend yield right now and a way to tap North Americans' pantries -- its brands can be found in 98% of U.S. households.KRFT may not be as exciting as the growth-hungry snack segment at Mondelez, but exposure to a mature market in a low interest rate environment make the firm look attractive. With relative strength looking stellar since the split, investors could to worse than to follow institutions' lead and buy KRFT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV