Scott Highlights Jobs, Schools In State Of State
"We came into office saying we wanted to create an environment that would encourage businesses to add 700,000 jobs over seven years," Scott said. "The debate was about whether or not that was even possible. Now, there's a debate about how to count all the jobs being created, and who should get the credit for it. Maybe it's because I am not a politician, but I think this is a great debate to have. It celebrates the fact that our economy is once again creating jobs."
He ended the speech with the phrase he repeated six times earlier.
"I look forward to joining with all of you as we put Florida families first, and send a message to the world that Florida is serious about job creation," Scott said. "It's working."
___Associated Press writers Brent Kallestad, James L. Rosica and Gary Fineout contributed to this reporter Follow Brendan Farrington on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bsfarrington
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV