- ExxonMobil replaced 115 percent of its 2012 production and 174 percent of its crude oil and other liquids, increasing proved reserves to 25.2 billion oil equivalent barrels. It was the 19th consecutive year the company replaced more than 100 percent of its production, with proved reserve additions of 1.8 billion oil-equivalent barrels.
- 22 major upstream projects are expected to start up in the next three years, including the Kearl oil sands project in Canada and the liquefied natural gas project in Papua New Guinea.
- In the downstream, the company is progressing new facilities in Singapore, China and Finland to capture growth in markets like China and Russia.
- A major expansion at the Singapore chemicals facilities was completed, which adds 2.6 million tonnes per year of additional capacity and will help meet demand growth in Asia Pacific.
- In Saudi Arabia, the company is developing a world-scale synthetic rubber and special elastomers plant to serve growing demand for these products in the Middle East and Asia.
- ExxonMobil Chemical has filed permit applications for a multi-billion dollar petrochemical expansion at the company’s integrated Baytown complex in Texas. The project would include a new ethane cracker and premium product facilities to capitalize on abundant supplies of U.S. natural gas.
- ExxonMobil continues to lead competitors in return on average capital employed at 25.4 percent in 2012, about seven percentage points higher than the nearest competitor.
ExxonMobil Major Projects To Deliver 1 Million Oil-Equivalent Barrels By 2017; Liquids Production To Rise On Average By Four Percent Per Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.