(NASDAQ:AMZN)—Amazon Studios, the original movie and series production arm of Amazon.com, today announced that it is greenlighting a test pilot for the original children’s series Sara Solves It, co-developed by WGBH and Out of the Blue Enterprises.
Sara Solves It is created by Emmy Award winner Carol Greenwald ( Curious George, Arthur, Martha Speaks) and multiple Emmy Award nominee Angela C. Santomero ( Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Super Why!, Blue’s Clues), who also serve as Executive Producers of the new show. Viewers follow brother and sister duo Sara and Sam on absorbing and relatable mysteries that spring from the questions young children encounter in their daily lives. Each mystery is an interactive, math-based puzzle that the home viewer can solve along with the characters.
“We are excited to be part of Amazon Studios’ innovative approach of getting high-quality programming directly into the hands of parents and children,” said Greenwald, Senior Executive Producer of Children’s Programs for WGBH.
“Our math show, Sara Solves It, will challenge and entertain kids while helping to build their enthusiasm for a subject that’s critical to their success in school,” said Santomero, Co-Founder of Out of the Blue Enterprises.There are now 12 pilots currently underway by Amazon Studios and, once completed, the pilots will be posted on Prime Instant Video and Amazon Instant Video for customers to watch for free. Most pilots will also be available on LOVEFiLM UK and LOVEFiLM Germany. Customers who choose to give feedback will help determine which series Amazon Studios produces. About Amazon Studios Since its launch in November 2010, more than 14,000 movie scripts and 2,700 series pilot scripts have been submitted to Amazon Studios. The original series announced today will be added to the Amazon Studios series development slate, which currently boasts 20 additional projects.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV