Kass, a longstanding Real Money Pro contributor, has signed a long-term agreement with TheStreet, the publisher of this Web site. Kass will continue to post market commentary and trading ideas twelve times each day to Real Money Pro, and participate in Columnist Conversations, a real-time discussion with Real Money Pro columnists. The agreement is effective March 1, 2013 and continues through February 2015.
"We are excited to continue our relationship with Doug Kass as a marquee contributor," said Elisabeth DeMarse, CEO of TheStreet in the press release. "He is extremely well-respected throughout the industry and was most recently named as the credentialed bear to speak at Warren Buffet's annual meeting for Berkshire Hathaway."
Kass expressed his enthusiasm to continue his relationship with TheStreet, and touted the benefits of Real Money Pro. "I'm happy to continue my long affiliation with TheStreet, especially at this exciting moment," Kass said in the release. "Real Money Pro provides a unique service where Wall Street professionals with real money at stake share trading ideas and discuss the latest market action. I'm proud to headline Real Money Pro and pour my heart and soul into my trading diary throughout the day."In addition to being the "bear on Berkshire," Kass has made numerous prescient calls, including one on Apple (AAPL). On Sept. 24, 2012, Kass said Apple was "overvalued and ready for a fall." Since that time, shares of Apple have fallen 39%. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV