LATROBE, Pa., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kennametal Inc. (NYSE: KMT) announced today that it has been named for the second year in a row as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by The Ethisphere Institute, a leading international think-tank dedicated to the creation, advancement and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anti-corruption and sustainability.
Kennametal's global leadership exemplifies a company culture in which employees put ethics into action with consistent investment and performance toward 100% safety, environmental excellence and community engagement, as well as extensive efforts to advance technical education, material science and industrial technologies indispensable to next-generation manufacturing.
"To again be recognized as one of the world's most ethical companies is a great honor and tribute to Kennametal people everywhere," said Kennametal Chairman, President and CEO Carlos Cardoso. "Not only are we committed to be our best as corporate citizens; we are compelled to improve our performance continuously. That is what differentiates Kennametal as a leader."
In addition to extensive ethics training and communication with employees, Kennametal's efforts in the past year included a number of new records for the company in:
- Employee engagement, achieved at levels exceeding peer comparisons;
- Talent development, delivering technical training and professional development in record numbers to Kennametal employees, customers and supply chain partners worldwide;
- Safety, including two consecutive months with zero injuries requiring days away or restricted time (DART), key milestones toward the aim of keeping all employees and visitors 100% safe, 100% of the time;
- Community stewardship, including employee volunteerism and fundraising, from participation and support for the United Way in North America, to educational programs and service to community organizations worldwide;
- Environmental performance, including ISO 14001 certifications, waste reduction, recycling and management programs across the company's supply chain worldwide;
- Information technology, including industry-leading execution of standardized enterprise resource systems and processes; and
- Innovation, including consistently exceeding 40% of sales realized from new products, which offer at least 20% performance improvement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV