LAS VEGAS, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) announced that it has been selected by Bell Helicopter to provide the auxiliary power unit (APU) and environmental control system for Bell's new 525 Relentless helicopter platform, which is scheduled for first flight in 2014.
The Honeywell RE100 APU provides significant system weight savings over competing systems. The APU also gives operators the ability to run critical avionics and electronics systems without turning on the main engine, further reducing total fuel consumption. By using the RE100, Bell's customers will realize substantial fuel savings and lower operating costs compared with competitive systems. Honeywell's AC-5510 environmental control system will provide heating and air conditioning for the Bell 525 Relentless while on the ground and in the air.
About the Bell 525 Relentless
The Bell 525 Relentless is the newest helicopter being developed by Bell Helicopter and is designed with an emphasis on passenger comfort, reliability, fuel efficiency, minimized maintenance costs and other technical features to ensure the aircraft meets the requirements of long-range and high-payload missions. Capable of carrying up to 16 passengers, the Relentless is designed to support customers in various mission configurations including oil and gas, search and rescue, helicopter emergency medical services, and VIP and corporate transport.
- Tarik Hijazi, Director, Program Management, Defense and Space OEM Partners, Honeywell Aerospace "Honeywell's power generation and environmental control systems provide customers with the most efficient design and implementation to help save costs and fuel burn through a lighter system. The use of the RE100 APU and AC-5510 ECS for the Bell 525 Relentless demonstrates Bell's dedication to providing customers with the best and most efficient aircraft possible."
- Read more about Bell Helicopter
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts