BATTLE CREEK, Mich., March 6, 2013 Highlights
- @KelloggCompany recognized by #Ethisphere Institute as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for fifth time
- @KelloggCompany employees praised by CEO for displaying K Values and winning World's Most Ethical Companies honor
/PRNewswire/ -- Kellogg Company announced today it has been named one of the 2013 "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, a leading international think-tank dedicated to the creation, advancement and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anti-corruption and sustainability. This marks the fifth time Kellogg has been recognized with this honor.
"A strong culture of ethics and corporate responsibility is part of our heritage, instilled more than a century ago by our founder, W.K. Kellogg," said John Bryant, President & CEO of Kellogg Company. "Today, that legacy continues through our employees' commitment to integrity and trust as they work to enrich and delight the world through foods and brands that matter."
Kellogg Company culture is shaped by its K Values, six attributes that help define and guide the way the business operates. The K Values unite employees at every level and in every region of the organization, helping connect them to the company's heritage. They also create a shared system of beliefs and behaviors, which minimizes risks and improves the ability the address challenges appropriately."Not only did more companies apply for the World's Most Ethical Companies recognition this year than any year in the past, which demonstrates that ethical activity is an important part of many of these companies' business models, but we are also seeing more companies be proactive and create new initiatives that expand ethics programs and cultures across entire industries, such as industry-based ethics associations and other activities," said Alex Brigham, Executive Director of Ethisphere. "We are excited to see the 2013 World's Most Ethical Companies take these leadership positions, and embrace the correlation between ethical behavior and improved financial performance." Through in-depth research and a multi-step analysis, Ethisphere reviewed nominations from companies in more than 100 countries and 36 industries. The methodology for the World's Most Ethical Companies includes reviewing codes of ethics, litigation and regulatory infraction histories; evaluating the investment in innovation and sustainable business practices; looking at activities designed to improve corporate citizenship; and studying nominations from senior executives, industry peers, suppliers and customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV