AUSTIN, Texas, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the fifth time, Whole Foods Market is named to the Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" list. Through in-depth research and a multi-step analysis, the institute reviewed nominations from companies in more than 100 countries and 36 industries.
"The business practices of Whole Foods Market are based on our core values, such as caring about our communities and our environment," said Walter Robb, co-CEO. "We're glad that this ranking reflects our conscious efforts to improve and sustain communities on both a local and global level."
The methodology for inclusion on this list includes reviewing codes of ethics; evaluating the investment in innovation and sustainable business practices; looking at activities designed to improve corporate citizenship; and studying nominations from senior executives, industry peers, suppliers and customers.
Ethisphere evaluates hundreds of companies, naming only those that surpass their industry peers to the "World's Most Ethical Companies" list. This is the seventh year Ethisphere has published these rankings.To read more about the 2013 World's Most Ethical Companies list, visit http://ethisphere.com/wme. Contact: Libba Letton, Whole Foods Market 512-542-3031, Libba.Letton@wholefoods.com SOURCE Whole Foods Market
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV