SAN JOSE, Calif., March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LSI Corporation (NASDAQ: LSI) today announced that the LSI® Nytro™ WarpDrive® family of application acceleration PCIe ® flash cards has been validated for use with NetApp® Flash Accel software. Together, LSI and NetApp are offering complete server flash caching solutions that speed application performance by converting server-based flash into "hot" data cache for critical business applications. LSI Nytro WarpDrive cards are among the first PCIe flash devices to be fully tested and qualified with NetApp's intelligent server caching software.
"Flash memory adoption in the enterprise is a powerful complement to hard-disk-based network storage," said Tim Russell, vice president, Data Lifecycle Ecosystem Group, NetApp. "Deploying flash as a high-speed cache in the server is a simple and cost-effective way to significantly reduce latency and I/O bottlenecks, while providing enterprise-level data protection and manageability for the entire infrastructure. Working with our server cache partners, we're able to offer customers a complete end-to-end, high-speed solution."
LSI and NetApp server caching solutions deliver:
- Automated and intelligent caching of hot data to PCIe flash storage
- Increased application responsiveness and reduced latency
- Optimized cost per IOPS and cost per gigabyte across flash and HDDs
- Significant power, cooling and physical footprint savings, reducing total cost of ownership
- A fully tested, end-to-end solution that is simple to use