Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ: MLNX) (TASE: MLNX), a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that its FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand adapters and switches accelerate Microsoft’s new SQL Server 2012 Parallel Data Warehouse appliance. InfiniBand enables Microsoft to offer new functionality and deliver higher performance and scalability while reducing the hardware footprint to enable the lowest total cost of ownership. Benchmarks show that the new appliance enables completion of a warehouse query of over 1,000 Terabytes of data in less than two seconds, compared to the previous generation’s completion time of two minutes with just 100 Terabytes of data.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Parallel Data Warehouse (PDW) is a scalable data warehouse appliance that delivers performance and scalability through massively parallel processing connected by a single high-speed 56Gb/s InfiniBand interconnect. PDW takes advantage of Windows Servers 2012 SMB Direct protocol to support storage access over native RDMA, and can use Mellanox interconnect solutions to accelerate access to storage by 10X.
“Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Parallel Data Warehouse is an enterprise class appliance that was built for integration with Big Data and that can handle the most demanding data requiring very high scalability and performance,” said Mark Jewett, Director, Server and Tools Marketing, at Microsoft. “By taking advantage of storage innovations in Windows Server 2012, Mellanox benchmarks demonstrate that their RDMA interconnect solutions can help increase network speed significantly for data warehouse queries.”
“Modern database applications require higher performance, scalability and availability, placing increased demands on the server and storage interconnect,” said Gilad Shainer, vice president of marketing development at Mellanox Technologies. “When using Mellanox’s RDMA-based InfiniBand interconnect solutions with Windows Server 2012 in-box support, Microsoft’s SQL Server 2012 PDW customers will achieve outstanding application performance and business benefits.”Supporting Resources:
- Learn more about Mellanox’s FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand adapters, switches, management software, acceleration software and cables
- Learn more about Mellanox’s complete RDMA based Windows Server 2012 SMB Direct solution
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter and Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV