OpenCenter Provides A Centralized Graphical User Interface And API That Simplifies And Automates The Operational Activities Associated With Deploying, Managing And Maintaining Private Clouds. (Photo: Business Wire)
Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, today announced major new features in its free and open source Rackspace Private Cloud Software, powered by OpenStack and supported by its own Fanatical Support services. Key among the new functionality in this release is OpenCenter™, a single interface for deploying, configuring and operating clouds at scale in an enterprise data center.
OpenCenter provides a centralized graphical user interface and API that simplifies and automates the operational activities associated with deploying, managing and maintaining Private Clouds. (Photo: Business Wire)
New features of Rackspace Private Cloud Software include:
- OpenCenter – Drawing from experience of operating The Rackspace Open Cloud, OpenCenter provides a centralized graphical user interface and API that simplifies and automates the operational activities associated with deploying, managing and maintaining Private Clouds.
- High Availability – OpenCenter provides API or point-and-click deployment and management of high availability environments for the OpenStack controller nodes, improving up-time and reducing business risk.
- Host Operating System Choice – Customers can now select from Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS for the host operating system in Rackspace Private Cloud deployments.
Rackspace Private Cloud Software is a combination of stable OpenStack® community 'trunk' code and proven Rackspace tools, packaging and configuration. Rackspace engineers have validated and certified products from over nine major industry partners for the private cloud software through its Technology Alliance Program. To download the free and open source Rackspace Private Cloud Software, visit www.rackspace.com/cloud/private.
As a proven open cloud operator, enterprise CIO’s are trusting Rackspace more than ever to help them on the journey to become service providers in their own data centers and accelerate their businesses with the efficiencies and value of cloud. Rackspace provides training, support or operations expertise on our Private Cloud powered by OpenStack to over 100 organizations, including 22 percent of the Fortune 100, since its launch in August 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts