Amazon.com ($275.59) had a hold rating back on Feb. 5, but with new monthly benchmark data from ValuEngine the stock has been downgraded to sell with the stock below its Jan. 25 high at $284.72.
Amazon is 71.1% overvalued with a twelve month forward P/E ratio at 171.9. The weekly chart shifts to neutral with a close this week above its five-week MMA at $266.29.
The 200-week SMA lags at $175.17.
My quarterly value level is $255.75 with a monthly pivot at $275.15 and a weekly risky level at $277.07, so profits should be taken with the stock between these levels. My semiannual risky level is $307.64.
Chart Courtesy of Thomson / Reuters
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV