Enterprise SSDs: Technologies And Markets
NEW YORK, March 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
This report covers the market for high-performance flash-based solid-state drives (SSDs) for enterprise applications. It explains the technology, gives reasons for its acceptance and lack of acceptance in various applications, and details those applications. Other parts of the ecosystem, notably trade groups and standards, are described. The report concludes with forecast models for several key markets.The study has been assembled by Objective Analysis through exhaustive research and interviews with participants held at various times over the past few years with participants from all sides of the market. The market is forecast three ways: From the bottom up, analyzing the demand for enterprise SSDs from 22 end markets, from the top down, reviewing an enterprise HDD forecast and analyzing which parts of the market are threatened with replacement by SSDs, and finally by interface, a forecast that splits out the top-down forecast into markets for the three leading enterprise SSD interfaces. Key findings are:
1. The market for enterprise SSDs will grow from 382,000 units in 2011 to 3.9 million units in 2016, representing an average annual growth of 59%.2. Enterprise SSD revenues, which should reach $582 million in 2011, will grow at a 43% average annual rate $3.5 billion by 2016. 3. A significant share of this growth will be driven by steep price reductions in the SSD market supported by NAND price declines, a move from SLC to MLC flash, and other important price declines driven by a maturing of SSD controller technology. 4. Enterprise HDDs are threatened by SSDs, which initially replaced enterprise HDDs at a 10:1 ratio, but this drops to 3:1 by the end of the forecast period. This means that the Enterprise HDD market will shrink faster than the enterprise SSD market can grow.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts