For fiscal 2013, management expects the Company to:
- Open 19 to 22 new stores, with two new stores opening in the first quarter; 4 to 6 new stores opening in the second quarter; and, 13 to 15 new stores opening in the second half of the year
- Remodel 3 to 5 stores and have no relocations
- Spend approximately $130 million to $150 million in capital expenditures, primarily related to real estate investments
- Increase comparable store sales 2% to 4%
- Achieve flat to modest growth in operating margin as a percentage of sales, as the Company continues to make operating expense investments related to its accelerated growth plans
- Generate diluted earnings per share of $1.51 to $1.58, assuming an effective tax rate of 37.0%, where earnings per share in the second half of fiscal 2013 exceed earnings per share in the first half of the year
2012 Fourth Quarter Earnings Conference Call
The Company will host a conference call today at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time. During the conference call, the Company may answer questions concerning its business. The Company's responses to these questions, as well as other matters discussed during the conference call, may contain or constitute information that has not been previously disclosed.
The call will be broadcast via a live audio webcast at www.thefreshmarket.com , within the Investor Relations section of the Company website, and a recording will be available for 30 days following the date of the event. Investors and analysts interested in participating on the call may do so by dialing (877) 852-2928.Items Impacting Comparability During the second quarter of fiscal 2012, the Company completed a public offering of common stock impacting the comparability of fiscal 2012 results to the corresponding results in fiscal 2011. Transaction expenses related to the offering, which in general are not tax deductible, are included in selling, general and administrative expense and totaled approximately $0.5 million, resulting in a reduction in earnings per share of approximately $0.01 per share on a diluted basis. The costs associated with the offering include legal, printing, accounting and filing fees and expenses as well as other charges directly related to the offering. Additionally, the Company completed a public offering of common stock during the first quarter of fiscal 2011 and incurred approximately $1.1 million in transaction expenses, which resulted in a reduction in earnings per share of approximately $0.02 per share on a diluted basis and impacts full year comparisons with fiscal 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts