The Census Bureau at 10 a.m. is forecast to say that factory orders fell 2.2% in January after rising 1.8% in December.
Some Federal Reserve officials are scheduled to speak at meetings and conferences Wednesday. Philadelphia Fed President Charles Plosser will speak in Lancaster, Pa. starting at 8:15 a.m.; at 9:30 a.m. Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher is scheduled to speak in front of an audience in Maryland.
The Fed's March Beige Book of anecdotal views on the economy will be released at 2 p.m.
Gold for April delivery was falling 80 cents at $1,574.10, while April crude oil futures were down 16 cents to $90.66 a barrel.The benchmark 10-year Treasury was slipping by 5/32, raising the yield to 1.918%. The dollar was up 0.11%, according to the
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV