Stock Futures Signal Further Climb After ADP
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stock futures were signaling Wednesday a continuation of the previous day's sharp gains as global markets joined the U.S. rally amid a better-than-expected ADP employment report, and ahead of factory orders data and the Federal Reserve's Beige Book release.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at a record high on Tuesday, marking a new peak in a four-year rally that began in March 2009 at the depth of the financial crisis, helped in part by global central bank stimulus and S&P 500 companies largely exceeding earnings and revenue estimates.
"The only place you can find yield right now is the equity markets. So you have a lot of money coming in here chasing this," Keith Bliss, senior vice president of Cuttone, told
TheStreet late Tuesday. While Bliss was predicting a further move higher, he also said to bear in mind that "what's interesting about this move is the move
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were rising 54 points, or 50.23 points above fair value, at 14,287. Futures for the S&P 500 were up 6.75 points, or 5.31 points above fair value, at 1543.75. Futures for the Nasdaq were ahead by 6.5 points, or 6.2 points above fair value, at 2804.75.Ahead of the nonfarm payrolls report on Friday, the ADP jobs report Wednesday morning showed a decline in private jobs to 198,000 in February, from an upwardly revised 215,000. Economists expected a fall in private-sector jobs to 170,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV